CAREERS - RESEARCH ASSOCIATE
Hummingbird Bioscience is a highly innovative, Venture Capital backed biotech company, with facilities at Biopolis in Singapore and in Silicon Valley. Hummingbird is focused on applying advances in systems biology to drug discovery and development, and integrates advances in computational and structural biology, as well as immunology and translational medicine to identify promising therapeutic strategies, to isolate high quality candidate antibodies, and to rapidly develop these antibodies into drug candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
Hummingbird Bioscience is seeking a full-time Research Associate based at Biopolis in Singapore. The job function includes scientific research and collaboration with Hummingbird Bioscience’s academic partners, laboratory development and testing of novel antibody therapies, and project management of drug discovery projects. The position provides an exceptional opportunity to translate basic discoveries to the clinic.
- Design, execute and record laboratory experiments using standard techniques in molecular and cell biology.
- Reproduce, evaluate, research and improve techniques currently used. Adapt new methods to existing procedures and modify current experiments through scientific knowledge and intuition. Maintain accurate and detailed records of all laboratory work and experiments.
- Develop, set-up and verify new procedures in the laboratory.
- Troubleshoot and correct erroneous results or problems with laboratory equipment. Maintain and repair equipment; monitor proper use by personnel.
- Draft, write and edit internal scientific reports and research records
- Maintain an integral role in the laboratory's meetings, presentations and publications.
- Present information on research and laboratory work to others at laboratory meetings.
- Demonstrate attendance and punctuality, consistency in carrying out instructions, accuracy & attention to detail, achieving expected results & continuous improvement.
Successful applicant will join and contribute to a fast-paced team with a cutting edge technology platform and ample opportunity to grow with the company. This will be a permanent role for the right candidate.
- BSc or Masters in a relevant field from a leading university
- Background and/or experience in molecular biology
- Prior experience in a commercial or research laboratory is essential
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Team player with proven ability to work on multiple projects at once
HOW TO APPLY
Please click here to apply.